Several years ago, it would have been nigh impossible to find the best womens backpack. Thankfully, today, the manufacturers have caught up. There is a fair share of backpacks for women in the market. And they are truly made with the smaller and more delicate women frames in mind.
However, as with everything else that you buy online, choosing the best backpack can be hard because there are so many brands in the market. Each one of them claims to be the best. That is why I decided to compile this simple guide to help you buy what you need faster. We will look at the top rated backpacks for women
Osprey Packs Women’s Tempest 20 Backpack
There is everything good that you can imagine in the Osprey Women Tempest 20 Backpack. It is one of the highest reviewed packs for women on Amazon and other places as well. Every feature in this bag was made with the woman’s body in mind. The harness, the hip belt and even the light but enduring fabric are made to help you get the best value for your money.
Osprey is a well known name in the world of sports and outdoor items for men, women and children. It is no wonder then that many of their packs have managed to take the highest positions in the list of the best backpack for women. Tested, tried and proven to be more than perfect for a light traveler, hiker, rider and trekker, the Osprey Women Tempest 20 Backpack is a dream come true for women who love to combine style and efficiency as they travel.
- Weighs 1.4 pounds/0.64 kg
- Measures 14 inches by 20 inches by 4 inches/35.5 cm by 50.8 cm by 10.2 cm
- It can be adjusted to fit different torso sizes. If you are taller, just rip it, adjust to your size and then stick it.
- Big enough panel loading compartment to hold clothes, books and even food
- Has a woven front pocket that can stretch large enough to hold items like your jacket, hat and other things
- Ergonomically designed BioStretch straps for the shoulders that will stretch to fit your shoulder size specifically
- This is the best backpack for women as it comes with a hydration compartment that is conveniently located between the main pack compartment and the torso adjustment on the exterior of course. Note however that you have to buy the hydration reservoir separately.
- Women intended hip belt with ErgoPullTM closure
- It has two stretch pockets – one on each shoulder strap. They offer a good stash for your cellphone, hydration tube, your GPS or other small gear.
- The back panel is built with the AirscapeTM technology where there are molded foam ridges with a vertical air vent as well as other air channels ensuring that your back does not sweat when you are carrying the backpack.
- Has a LidLock attachment designed specifically for your helmet
Pros of the Osprey Packs Women’s Tempest 20 Backpack
- It is a spacious pack, enough for light travel but light enough for trekking, hiking and cycling
- Has many compartments
- Easy to adjust straps and locking buckles
- Has enough compartments
- Can withstand light showers although it is not 100% waterproof
- It’s available in different colors – green, blue and pink
- This is a slim backpack and therefore it is not fit for someone who is looking for a wider pack
- The bottom layer of the main compartment is a bit light for comfort
The Osprey Packs Women Tempest 20 is the best backpack for light travel, cycling and hiking. However, do not abuse it. Pack it lightly and it will serve you for a long time.Check Price on Amazon
CamelBak Women’s Day Star 18L Best Backpack with Hydration
From the name alone, you can guess that this is the best backpack for a woman who wants to go hiking in style, comfort and lightweight. The CamelBak Women Day Star 18 L pack has a volume of 18 liters and can be used for hiking, trekking and cycling. It is made of a tough fabric – Polyurethane Nylon. The ergonomic design of the best backpack, the contours, belts and straps, the torso size and everything else was made with women in mind. This backpack is sold with a reservoir that can carry water to last you up to two hours. However, not to worry if the trails are longer because you can carry a couple more water bottles in the side pockets.
It comes with many features too as you will see in this review.
- 18.11in by 9.8in by 9.05in/46cm by 25cm by 23cm
- 16.1in/41cm for the torso length
- Only 1.1 pounds/0.5kg shipping weight
- Made of polyurethane nylon
- Ergonomically designed for women
- It is sold with a reservoir tank to last approximately two hours’
- Can carry extra water bottles in the side pockets
- Has attachments for trekking poles
- Has a compression strap that allows you to press the pack closer to the body such that it does not stay loose to snag on branches
- The back panel has air channels to keep your back cool to prevent sweating
- Has an organizer pocket for hiking essentials
- Can be used for traveling by people who like to travel really light
It is covered by CamelBak’s lifetime guarantee. That is how firmly they believe in their product.
- It will fit your body snugly
- Compression straps will draw it closer to prevent snagging on tree branches
- Extra pockets for more water
- It is the best backpack for hiking, running and cycling
The shoulder straps might rub your neck a bit when you run.Check Price on Amazon
Osprey Packs Women’s Tempest 9 Backpack
Again, another Osprey Pack makes it to this short list of some of the best backpacks for women. It is the Osprey Packs Women’s Tempest 9, a pack that has all the features that you need to make your mountain hiking as comfortable as possible. If you are looking forward to traveling to different places in the world to hit some of the best hiking trails in the world, you need the best backpack like this one.
From the reviews that many customers have left for it on the internet, you can see that it really gives value for money. However, although it is no doubt the best backpack for women, well, it is a bit pricey, but hey, we all know that price does not matter that much if you will get a pack that will last you many years.
- Shipping weight is 1 pound/0.4kg
- Measures 18 inches by 9 inches by 8 inches/45.7cm by 22.8cm by 20.3cm
- Has LidLock attachment for carrying your helmet when you are done cycling
- Has a BioStretchTM Harness that also has a wraparound hip belt that stabilizes the pack on your back
- Stow-On-The-GoTM trekking pole attachment keeps your hands free when you are done using the poles.
- Has side pockets made with a stretch mesh to carry more items of water bottles
- Wide opening front panel to give you easy access to the interior
- Has an interior mesh pocket that has been zippered to secure your gear
- The AirScapeTM back panel has a hydration sleeve for easy refills as well as protecting your back from any spills
- 9-liter capacity
- Made of strong synthetic material
- Die-cut foam for the hip belt and harness
- Has a sternum strap as well as an emergency whistle
- A clip to attach your key
- A point to attach your LED light
- Front stash-style pocket
- It has very many features
- Has a hydration sleeve on the external which protects the pack against spills
- It is a small pack, lightweight
- It may not be for you if you are looking to pack a load that is heavier than 9 liters
- Like all the other Osprey products, this is the best backpack for women 2017, it is expensive, but it gives value for money.
Kelty Women’s Redwing 40 Best Backpack
If there is a brand name that has really been after the woman’s heart, it is Kelty. The Kelty Women’s Redwing 40 Liter Backpack is enough proof of that. If you have been looking for the best backpack that can pack a good amount of items to last a few days on the hiking trails or that camping vacation, you have found it. In 2016, Kelty introduced a new, best backpack for women and it has wonderful features. But even the Redwing 40 Backpack still dazzles.
- The pack measures 12 inches by 14 inches by 23 inches/30cm by 35.5cm by 58cm
- Weighs 2.9 pounds/1.3kg
- Can fit torsos of sizes between 14.5inches to 18.5inches/37cm to 47cm
- Volume is 39 liters
- It has a top stash pocket
- Daisy chain and handle
- Nicely padded and well ventilated back panel to allow airflow and prevent too much sweating
- Trekking pole attachments
- A point to attach your keys
- An LED light attachment
- Has a front stash-style pocket that has a closure hook, it also has organization
- Pockets for water bottles
- Side compression straps for people who would like to travel on the plane with their best backpack
- Has a hydration sleeve that can also be used for laptop
- Sternum strap will help pull the pack towards you to prevent it from being snagged by branches
- Has load lifter straps
- It is ergonomically designed to accommodate the female figure
- Has Hex Mesh for the back panel, waist belt and the shoulder straps
- You can use it for international travel
- Great suspension system in the best backpack for women
- Available in a very appealing blue color, also available in black
- You can use the zippered side pockets to carry more water if you plan to be gone long
- Has a lumbar cushion that gives comfort and support to the lower back – good for heavy loads
- Has strong buckles that will withstand a lot of use
- The front loading panel does not unzip all the way down
- It comes at a high price, but you will get the full value for your money
- You have to buy a rain cover separately
Kelty Redwing 40 Internal Frame Best Womens Backpack
The Kelty brand name has become renowned for some of the best backpacks for women 2017 in the outdoors industry. Most, if not all of their products hardly disappoint as they are engineered with target clients in mind. For example, the Kelty Women’s Redwing 40 Pack with internal frame is one of their most popular products and from many backpack reviews, you will see that it is the best backpack. The Redwing series is also very popular and every year, it seems Kelty comes with a product to continue that lineage.
Perhaps you do not like packs with external or internal frames, but ask any woman who has used a pack with an internal frame. You can also read the backpack reviews online and you will see that the best backpack can be the one with internal frame. It has wonderful stability on your back. It costs just about the same as the frameless backpacks and if there is any extra cost, it is minimal.
When Kelty says that as much as possible of the load weight should be on the hips, they tell the truth because this is the best backpack and it will take more than 90% of the load off your shoulders. In addition, the straps are very comfortable and they will not rub on your neck as you walk or run. There are also different adjustment options to try out. Play around with them until you can find your snug fit.
- Has a capacity of 41 liters
- Measures 16 in by 21 in by 13.5 in/40.1 cm by 53.4 cm by 33.7 cm
- Weighs 3.1 pounds/1.4 kg
Comes with a limited lifetime warranty against material defects
- Has a carry handle
- Side compression straps
- Side pockets that are zippered for carrying extra stuff
- Has meshed water bottle pockets on the sides
- Comes with a big front pocket that has organization for your gear
- Has a daisy chain
- Its front panel loading
- The Scherer cinch (patented) will help compress the backpack to keep it from snagging in the branches
- Well ventilated back panel is going to prevent sweating
- Has a removable waist belt, also padded for maximum comfort
- Shoulder straps are padded for comfort
- LightBeam aluminum stay
- Women-targeted features – ergonomically designed to fit a woman’s body
- Ergonomically designed and contoured for women
- Comfortable shoulder straps that don’t rub the neck
- Cinch for compressing the pack to make it smaller
- Lumbar cushion for your lower back
- It is waterproof
Maybe the price?Check Price on Amazon
These are just five of the best backpacks for women 2017. There are more that we will keep reviewing here. The amount of fun that you can have outdoors depends mostly on your backpack. If it rubs your neck, keeps sliding sideways and the buckles keep losing their grip, you will not love it. To find the best backpack, read several womens backpack reviews posted here and elsewhere. This is a substantial investment that will set you back some dollars so it had better be good.