Choosing the best hiking shoes when you decide to hit the trails is not an option. It is a necessity! Unless you want your feet to look like grilled sausages after a few miles of trekking, you want to get the right shoes. Luckily, men being the trendsetters in the outdoor adventures have many hiking shoes to consider. And they do not come any better than the Merrell Men’s Moab Hiking Shoes With Ventilator.
There are many good things worth writing home about for this hiking shoe. At the same time, there are a few bad things; or things we would wish they would improve. If you are looking for a long distance trekking shoe, this is it for you as it is light weight, very comfortable on the feet and with the M Select FRESH technology that prevents the occurrence of odor even when your feet sweat, you can be sure that Merell Moab Men’s best hiking shoes have your needs covered.
Features of the Merrell Men’s Moab hiking shoes
- The upper material is made of leather and mesh lining
- Weighs less than 2 lbs
- Comes with standard lacing
- It is covered by one-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The sole is Vibram Multisport
- Has M-Select moisture wicking that prevents odor
- Has a padded tongue that will prevent the lace from pressing into your flesh
- Has an air cushioned heel that absorbs shock
- It has heel loops that help the foot to slide into the shoe with the least resistance.
- These best hiking shoes come with an inner foot bed that can be removed for cleaning. They measure a comfortable 4.5mm
Pros of the Merrell Men’s Moab best hiking shoes with ventilator
- Gives great grip on the ground thanks to the popular Vibram sole that has been manufactured by a well-known Italian company. The sole has deep groves, is thick and lasts long.
- The Merrell Men’s Moab hiking shoes with ventilator are not only good for hiking, but they can as well be everyday shoes. You can wear them anywhere you like.
- The ventilator mesh allows air in. Buy shoes that are slightly bigger to allow the air to circulate inside
- Has removable inner sole for people that would like to replace it with a thicker orthotic inner sole
- Has M Fresh SELECT technology that prevents foot odor
- Though not totally waterproof, the shoe can hold its own in a shower and at the same time, the leather and mesh combination dries fast.
- A lightweight hiking shoe eats up the miles wonderfully without lagging too much on your shoes
- It offers great foot support for all types of soles, even for people who have flat feet. You see, the best hiking shoes conform to the shape of the feet after wearing them for some time, and this shoe does exactly that.
- The Vibram sole lugs are placed strategically such that there are no lugs under the arch for more flexibility.
Cons of the Merrell Men’s Moab best hiking shoes
- Despite the popularity, the Merrell Men’s Moab hiking shoe has minimal to no arch support. This could end up hurting your feet in the end.
- These may be the best hiking shoes but they may not be build for rigorous hiking and is therefore suited to everyday wear at home, town and for light hiking
- Like any other shoes, there is no ankle support. If you are a heavy backpacker, invest in a pair of the best hiking boots.
- They are not waterproof.
The Merrell Men’s Moab hiking shoes are good for regular and light hiking. Although they have many positives, you can see from the negatives that they are not the kind of shoes that you would like to wear for hiking the extremely challenging hiking trails. For heavy backpacking, very wild trails, get something heavier. For the light backpacker though, these are the best hiking shoes as they dry faster and are light.