Hiking in summer need not be all sweaty and odorous for your feet if you choose the best summer hiking shoes. Again, this brings up the debate of whether to choose hiking shoes or summer hiking boots. Well, the truth is that this depends on the trails. On the trails with difficulty rating of easy, easy-to-moderate and challenging, you can wear summer hiking shoes. But even then, hiking shoes for summer do come in a wide variety. For example, some are made of leather, some a combination of leather and textile. However, today, we are going to briefly review the Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh Hiking Shoe.
Features of Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh summer hiking shoes
- Vibram sole. This is good news because every trekker knows that if it has the name Vibram on it, it has Italian guarantee of perfection, endurance and domination. The name can be seen at the side of the heel.
- It is meshed, thus making it perhaps the most breathable shoe in the market right now. At the same time, it has leather overlays that prevent water from getting in. Combined with suede overlays, they help the shoes to retain their original shape.
- It is made with moisture wicking technology to lap up any dampness. This keeps your feet dry thus preventing the occurrence of bacteria that cause foot odor.
- Comes with dual density ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) mid-soles that absorb shock. You will not feel the rocks under your feet.
- The gusseted tongue will keep dirt, pebbles, leaves and other trail debris out of your feet when hiking.
- Finally, there are the nylon shanks that give mid-foot support and the much-needed torsion strength when walking. The seriousness invested in the manufacture of this pair makes it the best summer hiking shoes for women.
- Has a hard rubber capping for the toe area
- Shock dispersal plate ensures stability when you stagger or hit your foot against something.
- Made specifically for women, it might feel roomy in the toe area, but thick socks should fill that up.
Tested and proven summer hiking shoes
Reviews for the Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh Hiking shoes show that it comes ready to wear and true to size. This means you can wear the shoes straight out of the box and hit the trails with them. They do not need to be broken.
Most trekkers will trail-test their hiking shoes to see whether they can do what the manufacturer says they can do. These shoes have been tested on muddy trails, rocky trails et al, and they have survived each test.
Benefits of Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh hiking shoes
- Can be worn straight out of the box – no breaking needed
- Strong Vibram outsole for protecting your feet on rocky terrains
- Light on your weight – a pair weighs about 1.4 pounds/0.6 kg
- Self-clean lugs ensure stability on uneven terrains
- Capped toes for protection against injuries when you hit rocks
- In 2014, it won the award for the best fitness sneaker
The search for the best summer hiking shoes for women stops with the Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh Shoe. It is wonderful, mostly comes in a beautiful blue color, is lightweight and can be worn on all terrains in summer.