Hiking in summer need not be all sweaty and odorous for your feet if you choose the best summer hiking shoes. Again, this brings up the debate of whether to choose hiking shoes or summer hiking boots. Well, the truth is that this depends on the trails. On the trails with difficulty rating of easy, easy-to-moderate and challenging, you can wear light hiking shoes. But even then, hiking shoes for summer do come in a wide variety. For example, some are made of leather, some a combination of leather and textile. However, today, we are going to briefly review the Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh Hiking Shoe.
- 1 Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh hiking shoes
- 2 Conclusion
Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh hiking shoes
- Vibram sole. This is good news because every trekker knows that if it has the name Vibram on it, it has Italian guarantee of perfection, endurance and domination. The name can be seen at the side of the heel.
- It is meshed, thus making it perhaps the most breathable shoe in the market right now. At the same time, it has leather overlays that prevent water from getting in. Combined with suede overlays, they help the shoes to retain their original shape.
- It is made with moisture wicking technology to lap up any dampness. This keeps your feet dry thus preventing the occurrence of bacteria that cause foot odor.
- Comes with dual density ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) mid-soles that absorb shock. You will not feel the rocks under your feet.
- The gusseted tongue will keep dirt, pebbles, leaves and other trail debris out of your feet when hiking.
- Finally, there are the nylon shanks that give mid-foot support and the much-needed torsion strength when walking. The seriousness invested in the manufacture of this pair makes it the best summer hiking shoes for women.
- Has a hard rubber capping for the toe area
- Shock dispersal plate ensures stability when you stagger or hit your foot against something.
- Made specifically for women, it might feel roomy in the toe area, but thick socks should fill that up.
Tested and proven summer hiking shoes
Reviews for the Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh Hiking shoes show that it comes ready to wear and true to size. This means you can wear the shoes straight out of the box and hit the trails with them. They do not need to be broken.
Most trekkers will trail-test their hiking shoes to see whether they can do what the manufacturer says they can do. These shoes have been tested on muddy trails, rocky trails et al, and they have survived each test.
Comfortable to wear right out of the box
You just have to read some of the hiking shoes reviews posted online about this pair of shoes and you will see that they not only come true to size, but ready to wear as well. That is right, you will not need to “break” them. Just get into them and hit the trails.
This womens hiking shoe is designed with women in mind. Consider for example, its narrow toe box. We all know that women have narrower feet and therefore they need a gender-specific shoe that they can wear comfortably. The Ahnu Sugar Pine does not disappoint since the narrow toe box holds your toes in place making sure there is no room for your feet to wiggle around.
At the same time, the toe box is still wide enough to accommodate the women who have wider feet. Going to the back of the shoe, your Achilles tendons are protected, cradled firmly and you will feel them very comfortable.
In the front of the shoe is a plate that is made to disperse shock in case you hit your toe against roots and tree stubs. However, this will only absorb shock up to a certain extent. Thus, watch where you are going. That is the best way to protect your feet.
Is the pair of shoes going to last long?
Well, we can only debate this matter by looking at what other users say about the shoes. Testing the shoes does not really determine their durability since you can only test them for a few days. However, every shoe has its weaknesses and one of the areas that tear up faster are the eyelets. Many users say that this remained intact.
The sole and the seams are going to remain intact for a long time. The shoes performs when it is dry and when it is also wet. However, make sure that the shoe is protected against sharp objects.
Please note – these shoes are not waterproof
That is right. The top of the shoes is made of mesh and leather lining. The leather linings will not let in water, but the mesh part will. However, the good thing is that shoes dry fast and therefore your feet will not be wet for long. Some women say they have used these hiking shoes even on snowy trails, and have nothing but praise for them. Some people also say that the shoes barely lasted four months.
well, for any product, there are those people who will swear by it, while others will swear at it. The only way to find out just how good for summer hiking the Ahnu Womens Sugarpine is is to buy and wear it.
Benefits of Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh hiking shoes
- Can be worn straight out of the box – no breaking needed
- Strong Vibram outsole for protecting your feet on rocky terrains
- Light on your weight – a pair weighs about 1.4 pounds/0.6 kg
- Self-clean lugs ensure stability on uneven terrains
- Capped toes for protection against injuries when you hit rocks
- In 2014, it won the award for the best fitness sneaker
The search for the best summer hiking shoes for women stops with the Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh Shoe. It is wonderful, mostly comes in a beautiful blue color, is lightweight and can be worn on all terrains in summer and some people even do wear the shoes for hiking on the snow.
Easytravelgear.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Also, we participate in other affiliate programs, and we get the commission through purchases made through our link. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.