When going camping, you need to choose the best flashlight for the money because the nights can be fraught with danger, especially when you are camping off the beaten path. But not to worry as the market teems with bright flashlights that will illuminate every inch of the ground and tent for you.
Instead of buying a headlamp for tent camping, a flashlight is much better. In any case, headlamps are best for situations where you need to use both of your hands. For example, you can use them for diving. For camping, use these flashlights. The good thing is that you will not only use them for camping, but they are good for home use, backpacking and any other adventure.
Best Brightest Flashlight Reviews
Here are 15 of the best outdoor flashlights:
J5 Tactical V1-Pro Flashlight – Best Flashlight for Camping
This is one of the cheapest, but brightest flashlights in the market. It will give you great value for money because it costs very little, yet as you will see on Amazon, it has more than ten thousand reviews. Many people are pleased with it, no reason why you should not. In your outdoor endeavors, this flashlight will give you proper illumination at night.
It is small, yet stylish and rugged in nature. Measuring just about 4 inches only, made with aluminum, this flashlight will withstand drops and other abuses that you may put it through when you are outdoors. It is powered by batteries (uses ordinary AA batteries and gives light of about 150 lumens). If you are smart and you replace the AA battery with a lithium ion battery, you will get about 300 lumens of brightness and that is why we say that this is one of the best flashlight brands in the market.
This flashlight will give you a light beam that can travel a distance of 600 feet, quite impressive for such a small boy. In addition, this flashlight is light on the hand, weighing about 65 g only.
- Very light
- Uses ordinary batteries but can use Li-ion batteries
- Very affordable
- Very easy to adjust the beam of light
- Can illuminate a far distance
- Has a belt clip for portability
- Using one AA battery will not last long
SureFire G2X Series LED – Best Outdoor Flashlight
This is among the best quality flashlights available in the market. It is very simple yet one of the best brightest flashlights you will ever come along. It gives you value for your money because it comes with a durable body made of a rigid Nitrolon that can survive a lot of camping abuse. A good all-round flashlight that is great for outdoor activities, its size is also very convenient when it comes to portability since it can easily fit in your pocket.
If you are concerned about the illumination strength of a flashlight during your camping trip or during one of your outdoor activities, this flashlight gives you a high output of 320 lumens, which is very bright, and its light beam can reach quite far.
In addition, it comes with a dual output levels where with a simple switch of a button, the user can switch to an extremely bright but shorter run time or a less bright long runtime.
- A comfortable feel in the hand
- Built in a simple and rugged design
- Comes with a surefire warranty
- High-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
- It is weatherproof because and its gasket sealed
- It is not as bright as some other flashlights in the market
Streamlight Pro Tac – Best Flashlight for the Money
The flashlight stands out as one of the best flashlights to use in outdoor situations. It has multiple battery versatility and this means that you can use ordinary batteries when the rechargeable one is out. Perhaps one of the unique features about the flashlight is that it can be operated with remote switches.
With an output of 1000 lumens, you are sure that it is quite bright and ideal for your night outdoor endeavors. It has a sleek design making it easy to hold by hand when you do not want to use the pocket clip. The pocket clip is also removable and this helps you to get a firm grip of the torch when handling it.
Since it is small and bright, it is easy for you to carry it around every day. You can also program the features that you want it to have. For its price, it is a perfect ESC light to use and carry for outdoor use.
- Has the durability and features of an EDC light
- Multiple battery versatility makes it ideal to use
- It is quite durable since it is housed in aluminum
- Being resistant to abrasion makes it last longer
- Packaging comes with a holster that allows for its mounting while in use
- It may be a little too large to carry in pockets
Meco Solar Powered Flashlight – Brightest Flashlight
The flashlight is ideal to use in any type of emergencies. It is also an ideal outdoor flashlight because it withstands all types of weather. One does not also have to carry any extra batteries with this flashlight since it sores energy for a long time.
It has a classic design that makes it easy to hold and use. It also has a carabiner clip that helps you to clip on to your backpack or anywhere that the carabiner can clip. With the carabiner clip feature, the flashlight becomes ideal for outdoor climbing, hiking and camping.
Being an LED flashlight means that it is also quite bright and saves energy at the same time. The flashlight has a solar panel at the back and you can therefore charge it using solar. With a built in rechargeable battery you do not have to waste money on disposable potteries and this is ideal.
- It withstands all types of weather and this makes it ideal to use outdoors
- Has a built in rechargeable battery that can also be charged with solar
- Its unique design makes it perfect for hand grip
- Carabiner clip makes it easy to clip on while doing outdoor activities
- Quite portable since it is small and light in weight
It is good for lighting short and medium distances thus it is not ideal to use to light far distances
Tactical Flashlight 2 Pack – Best Flashlight for Camping
The flashlight is quite bright with a 50,000 hour lifespan, which makes it quite long lasting. Since it comes in two, that is, two flashlights in the pack, you can always leave one in your car and use the other in your house or for outdoor trips. With the finish being made of aluminum and steel, you are sure that the flashlight is anti-abrasive and will not break easily.
It has 5 modes of light and this is perhaps one of the reason why it is quite unique in the market. The mode of lights varies from high, medium, low, SOS signal and strobe. Should you be using it for outdoors, you are sure that the brightness of the lights can help to save you if you are in an emergency or danger situation.
Another great feature of this flashlight is that you can zoom in or zoom out the required levels of brightness. The flashlight therefore becomes quite handy and very portable. It is also waterproof and you do not have to worry about it not working when dropped in water.
- Comes in 2 pack
- Water resistant
- Made of steel so it is resistant to abrasion and being dropped
- It is easy to zoom in and out the desired brightness
- Quite durable and long lasting
- The pack does not come with its own batteries so you have to buy your own
SureFire P3X Fury Dual Output – Best Brightest Flashlight
The LED emitter of this flashlight has been uniquely designed to maximize runtime and light output. It also has two outputs levels one with 15 lumens for extended runtime and the other for 1000 lumens for maximum light. The output of this light is activated with the tail cap switches.
It is also light in weight making it quite portable to carry on. The design of the flashlight also allows for a firm grip. The beam of the flashlight is also quite high and made precisely with micro textured reflectors.
The Fury dual flashlight is an ideal flashlight that can be used outdoors as a search light. Being housed in aluminum makes it anti-abrasive. This means that you can use the flashlight for a long time. Its superior performance and bright light that helps to illuminate to far distances make it an ideal flashlight to use outdoors.
- It has a comfortable grip
- Quite portable because of its light weight
- Built to last long
- The dual output helps to change lighting modes
- Designed to maximize light output illuminating to far distances
- Ideal searchlight because of its micro textured reflectors that optimize beam precision
- It does not have a rechargeable battery
Fenix PD 35 TAC- Best Flashlight Brands
The flashlight is quite portable and can be carried in the pocket. It is less than five inches and is quite bright with about 1000 lumens. With its brightness, you can be able to see the eyes of animals at night making it one of the best brightest flashlights in the market. It is one of the best flashlight brands.
Its beam distance can light up to 656 feet making it ideal to be used at night if you want to be able to see distances far off.
It has 6 output modes which are all quite efficient in different times. Having a lifespan of 50,000 hours also means that it is built to last for quite a long time.
It is made of stainless steel. This means that it is anti-abrasive and durable. The best flashlight also gives you a warning when battery replacement is needed or when it is running on low volts.
Intelligent memory is also a unique feature of the flashlight since it automatically enters last output mode when turned on. It also has a firm grip and it will rarely slip or roll when on your hands. It also has clear glass with anti-reflective coating and it is waterproof. You can see why it is one of the best flashlight brands.
- It is waterproof
- Has strong light that helps you to see the eyes of animals at night
- Designed with anti-slip and anti-roll properties giving it a firm grip in your hand
- The flashlight is portable since it is lightweight and small and can fit inside pockets
- Made of strong coating that make it anti-abrasive and anti-slip
- The bright light may be a problem when it causes the flashlight to overheat
Flashlight ZBeacon Ultra-Bright Rechargeable Led – Tactical Light
The flashlight has brilliant brightness, it is also easy to zoom in and out the light beam. It has fives modes of light ranging from high, medium, low SOS and survival mode. With a USB charger, it becomes easy to charge the rechargeable battery even in your car.
Flashlight ZBeacon has an anodized body, which helps into to resist scratches making it a quite durable and long-lasting flashlight. The coating also gives it superior protection against the shock of dropping it. The flashlight is water-resistant and ideal for the outdoor spaces.
One unique feature of the flashlight is that it has self-defense features. Such features include tactical strobe mode for disorienting attackers. It also has aggressive strike bezel for maximum striking power the head of the flashlight is movable and can be adjusted and refocused and the tail head is ideal to help you control the mode of light you want.
- It has an easy to use interface
- Provides ideal brightness for most situations
- The flashlight allows you to zoom the beam for intensity
- It is easy to adjust or focus the head to get ideal brightness
- It is also easy to use the flashlight for self defense
The charge does not stay for long so you have to have a place to charge it for outdoor adventures
NITECORE P12 – Best flashlight for the money
The flashlight is ideal since its light is powerful to illuminate since it is designed with 1000 lumens, which can light up to 253 yards making it one of the best bright flashlights to use. To switch it on and off, you use the tail cap, which makes it very functional. The side switches are mostly used to adjust the various output levels.
It is quite an intelligent flashlight since it memorizes the settings when you set them. The body is also uniquely designed for firm hand grip, which prevents it from rolling or slipping when placed on a surface. You can also use a lanyard, pocket clip and a tactical ring.
Being light and small makes it quite portable and easy to carry around. It is water-resistant and has been designed to absorb impact should you drop it. The flashlight can also measure battery strength and it warns the user when the battery is running low. This is quite helpful especially in the outdoor setting.
- It has an intelligent memory
- Has high intensity beam over long distance
- The flashlight is waterproof with anti-slip and anti-rolling properties
- Light to carry around
- It is easy to measure the battery level and know when it is low
- The battery is not rechargeable
Nebo 6434 SlydeKing – Best Rechargeable LED Flashlight
The best rechargeable flashlight is ideal for work light and has a powerful light thanks to LED technology. It has a rechargeable battery that comes with a USB port. The battery is also removable and you can replace it making the flashlight quite durable.
One noticeable feature about these flashlights is their battery life. After charging it for four hours, it keeps the battery for about eight hours, which is ideal. With this runtime, you can use it for outdoor night activities without worrying that the light will run out.
Ability to zoom it out and in makes it a powerful source of light. The flashlight can be zoomed up to four times and this means that it has great illumination properties that can help illuminate to far areas. It also has memory settings that make the flashlight intelligent and a body made of anodized aircraft aluminum makes the flashlight durable and water resistant and it has dimmable light and a magnetic base.
- It has an intelligent memory
- The anodized housing makes it waterproof, durable and long lasting
- It has a powerful magnetic base
- The flashlight keeps the charge for up to 8 hours
- You can easily zoom it out up to four times for better illumination
- It is the best rechargeable flashlight
- It does not have a holster
ThruNite MINI TN30 3660 – Best Flashlight for Camping
The flashlight uses triple Cree LED technology, which helps it to give bright illumination. It is quite portable and it is the brightest flashlight in its price range. Intelligent temperature control also makes this flashlight quite ideal to use in your outdoor rendezvous.
The design also helps to give a firm handgrip and you do not have to worry about it slipping or rolling away. It also has an aluminum housing which makes it is anti-abrasive, water resistant and durable as well as long lasting.
This flashlight for camping also comes with a holster, a tail ring, a switch cap and a battery carrier contained inside the flashlight. It also has an intelligent memory function that helps remember the settings you set.
Changing the modes of the light output is also quite easy with the help of the various switches. The flashlight is intelligent enough to lower the light intensity when it rises and this helps to extend lifespan of the flashlight.
- Has intelligent temperature control
- It is quite portable and easy to carry around
- It is waterproof
- Has a firm grip and has various holsters to help carry it around
- It has bright light that can be used for defense and to blind an attacker
- Too heavy to carry around the neck
J5 Tactical Hyper V – Best Flashlight Brands
The flashlight has an extremely bright light than can light an entire room and light up things that are up to 800ft away. It uses batteries that can power the flashlight for long hours and in some instances for the whole night. It is also easy to adjust the focus into three modes that vary from high, low to strobe.
It is also portable and compact enough to fit in a backpack, pocket or purse. You can use it for hunting, fishing, camping or any other outdoor trips. Apart from the fact that it is water resistant, it is virtually indestructible. The strong body can withstand any impact on it including being frozen and even being run over a truck.
Ability to zoom it in and out makes it ideal to use in extremely dark situations. Its unique design helps to give it a firm grip without it slipping or rolling over. The durability of this flashlight is also unequaled.
- Built for durability and therefore lasts long
- The light can last the whole night and this makes it ideal for outdoor activities
- Virtually waterproof and designed to resist high impact making it indestructible
- It has features that enable it to be zoomed in and out easily
- The light from the flashlight is quite powerful
- Does not come with its own batteries
ThruNite Archer 2AV3 – Best Flashlight for the Money
The flashlight uses LED and this makes it one of the best brightest flashlights in the market. The body is anti-abrasive and this makes it withstand strong negative impacts that can easily destroy it. For a high-end flashlight, it is quite affordable and is quite effective and efficient to use.
It also has an intelligent memory and this means that your settings are not easily altered. It also has god overall visibility for long distance. The flashlight also has a two-button interface that makes navigation quite easy. It has a compact slim body and this makes it ideal to carry around since it is light and small.
The flashlight uses battery and it can be used for emergencies even for first responder cases. It is waterproof and comfortable to hold since it has a firm grip being having anti slip and rolling properties. It also comes with a pocket clip and is easy to change the mode of light.
- The flashlight is quite waterproof
- It is quite affordable being a high-end flashlight
- Ideal to use in emergency situations
- Quite portable since it is small and light in weight
- Gives off bright light and it is easy to change the modes of light
- The battery is not included when you purchase the pack
PeakPlus LED Flashlight – Brightest Flashlight
The flashlight can be used for any outdoor activity from search missions, camping, overnight hiking to emergency rescue and even hiking camping or fishing. When used with the right batteries, it gives maximum output of light. It is easy to adjust the focus when you zoom it in or out.
It has five output modes to which you can adjust using the tail. The flashlight is also made up of strong material that makes it water resistant, skid-proof and anti-abrasive. Its unique design helps it to be easy to carry around as well as increasing its lifespan.
The flashlight has high light output for increased light intensity. It also has a lotus head for self-defense and this makes it ideal to carry around at night. Using it is also quite easy and it is resistant to all kinds of weather as well as any type of shock that it encounters, making it an ideal flashlight. It is easy to carry. You can pack it in your backpack together with your travel coffee mug, and wine bottle.
- Has quite high lumens that helps increase its light intensity
- Can be used for self defense
- It is resistant to all kinds of weather and impact and it is water proof as well
- It has zoom in and out features that help maximize light output
- Quite portable since it is light in weight and small in size
- The light may be too bright for children’s eyes so it is wise to keep it away from them
Nebo Cryket LED – Best Flashlight for the Money
The flashlight has a unique head that allows the head to rotate forward. It is quite lightweight and this makes it quite portable to carry around. The fact that it uses LED makes it quite a bright flashlight to own since its gives of strong intense light. The bright light is quite effective for long distance and can illuminate up to 250 yards.
Since it is aluminum bodied, it is resistant to scratches and it is waterproof. It also has a high magnetic base and it is ideal for holding the flashlight. It also has a firm grip and this prevents it from slipping or rolling when it is in your hands.
The flashlight is quite affordable. It has a swivel head to help it shine on areas where the flashlight cannot shine on directly and is useful for outdoor adventures making it one of the best brightest flashlights to use for short distances or just within the camp. It uses normal batteries, which are quite easy to get locally.
- It is quite affordable
- It does not require special types of batteries other than the one recommended
- It is great for using in close quarters because of the swivel head
- It is water proof and anti-abrasive
- Specially designed with a firm grip
- Since the packaging does not come with battery, you have to buy it separately
With these few reviews for the best brightest flashlight for the money, I hope you can now light your way out there in the camping ground or in the wilderness. Remember, when you are out there, you can never be too careful. It is always better to pack all of your gear keenly lest you forget anything. It would be better to err on the side of caution.